OFFICIAL ADAA SOLO CONTEST RULES
SONG DOWNLOAD NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The following promotion is intended for African participants only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of Africa Union. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not a legal African residing in the eligible countries. Void where prohibited by law. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the Official Contest Rules below.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES SUMMARY
Contest: #theadaacontest #ADAASOLOCONTEST #DANCEYESYOUCAN
Contest (the “Solo Contest”)
Sponsor: Paradigm Entertainment. (the “Sponsor”)
Presenter: (the “Presenter”)
Judges: (the “Judges”)
Approved Track: “People of Coulor (the “Approved Track”)
Required Hashtags: #theadaacontest #ADAASOLOCONTEST (the “Required Hashtags”)
Submission Start Date: Monday, May 15, 2017 (the “Submission Start Date”)
Submission Deadline: 11:59PM WAT on Monday, May 29, 2017 (the “Submission Deadline”)
Minimum Age: Must be at least 13 years old
The Contest begins on or about the Submission Start Date and ends on the Submission Deadline (the “Contest Period”). The Contest provides eligible entrants (each, an “Entrant” and collectively, “Entrants”) with the opportunity to submit a video showcasing the featured dancer’s best dance moves (the “Video” or “Submission”) for consideration in accordance with the guidelines set forth herein. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees that he/she and his/her Submission comply with these Official Contest Rules. The sponsor of this Contest is Paradigm Entertainment. (“Sponsor”), 11, Omotayo Ojo Street, Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria. The Presenter is not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, or the administration of the Contest. “Contest Entities” shall be defined as Sponsor and Presenter collectively.
2. ENTRANT & VIDEO ELIGIBILITY
In order for an Entrant to be eligible to participate in the Contest and be considered as a potential winner, the Entrant and the Video must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Entrant must be at least thirteen (13) years of age at the time of entry. Eligible Entrants who are under the legal age of majority in their state or province of primary residence (a “Minor”) must get their parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate in the Contest. A Minor Entrant will be required to provide parental consent in a form satisfactory to the Sponsor before he or she can be declared a winner and any prize can be awarded;
- Entrant must be a legal resident physically residing within the African countries
- Entrant must NOT be under any contractual obligation that would conflict with his or her participation in this Contest;
- Entrant must either be the featured dancer in the Video, the parent/legal guardian of the featured dancer if such dancer is a Minor, or the choreographer/creator of the dance moves featured in the Video AND have the express permission from the featured dancer in the Video to submit such Video (proof of such permission may be required in writing if the Video is selected as a potential winner) into this Contest;
- Entrant must be the rightful owner of the Video or must have the rights necessary to submit the Video for consideration and used by Sponsor as described in these Official Contest Rules;
- Entrant must have a pre-existing, non-private YouTube account (the “Social Media Platform”);
- Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address or social media account associated with the entry;
- Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the africadanceawards.com account associated with the entry; and
- Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of Contest Entities, and any person or company working directly on the Contest, together with the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such persons (collectively, “Household Members”), are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For purposes of the Contest, “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year; “immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
Videos must meet the following criteria:
- Video must feature ONE Entrant showcasing his/her dance moves;
- Video must be a minimum of five (5) seconds in length and a maximum of four (4) minutes and fifty-nine (59) seconds in length, including any introduction, lead-in or tag;
- Video must include the Required Hashtags as specified above; and
- Video must be submitted in accordance with Section 3 below.
Videos are subject to the following Content Restrictions:
- Video must NOT include third parties/people, who have not expressly authorized in writing for the Entrant to feature their name, image, likeness or voice in the Video or otherwise use such name, image, likeness or voice in accordance with these Official Contest Rules. If requested, an Entrant may be required to verify such authorization in the form of a written release before being considered as a potential winner;
- Video must NOT verbally reference or include prominent third party logos, products, taglines, insignia, trademarks, signage or slogans other than references to Sponsor;
- Video must NOT contain subject matter which is, or could be considered, in the sole discretion of Contest Entities, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), defamatory, libelous, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., illegal gambling, underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, hateful, degrading, harassing, or otherwise unlawful, tortious or objectionable;
- Video should NOT contain any content that is protected by copyright unless the Entrant has obtained a proper copyright license to use such content in connection with the Contest, or include any recognizable locations or include names and/or descriptions of any copyrighted media production, including, without limitation, films, books, television programming, etc., other than references to Sponsor; and
Video must NOT contain any derogatory references regarding any of the Contest Entities; and
- Sponsor reserves the right to edit the Video to comply with the Official Contest Rules (inclusive of the foregoing Content Restrictions) and allow Sponsor to exercise its rights in the Video as described in these Official Contest Rules or request that an Entrant edit or completely remove any content that may intentionally or unintentionally violate the Official Contest Rules. Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion which Videos have satisfied the eligibility requirements.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Entrants must publish their Video on YouTube and formally submit the video for consideration on the africadanceawards.com website. The entry will be considered made by the owner of the africadanceawards.com account used to submit the video, as long as such individual is otherwise eligible and in compliance with these Official Contest Rules.
Publishing on YouTube:
The Video must include the Required Hashtags in the Video title, and should also contain the Required Hashtags either listed on a title page within the video or otherwise clearly displayed within the video.
Submitting on africadanceawards.com:
Entrant must submit their video for consideration through the Solo Contest submission link at https://africadanceawards.com/solo. In order to do so, they will be required to:
- Create a new account, or log in to an existing account, on Africadanceawards.com
- Submit the link to their YouTube channel
- Submit the link to their YouTube video submission
- Acknowledge they are at least 13 years of age or older and a legal resident of the eligible African countries
- Acknowledge they will be bound by the Official Contest Rules
IMPORTANT: During the Contest Period, your Video may be posted on the Sponsor’s website located at http://www.africadanceawards.com (the “Website”). Your Video will be available for viewing by the general public; therefore, be sure that you are comfortable with your Video before submitting. If you do not want your Video to be made public on the Website, do not enter this Contest.
Limit of one (1) entry per person for the duration of the contest.
All entries must be received or uploaded by the Submission Deadline specified above. Entries generated by a macro, script or other automated means will be disqualified. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. Upon request, Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s understanding of and full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Contest Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Contest Rules. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THEIR VIDEOS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED.
4. CONTEST JUDGING
Videos will be initially reviewed by Sponsor and selected videos will be scored by the Judges based on the following judging criteria to determine the Potential Winners:
First Round (Online video contest)to select top 20
- Originality of dance performance = 35%
- Production Quality = 25%
- Difficulty of dance steps and technical proficiency = 40%
Final Round (Live performance at the ADAA events)to select top 3
- Originality of dance performance = 35%
- Appearance = 25%
- Difficulty of dance steps and technical proficiency = 40%
In the event of a tie, such tied Videos will be reevaluated by the judges in accordance with the aforementioned criteria and the Video with the highest point score on “Difficulty of dance steps and technical proficiency” will be deemed the Potential Winner, pending confirmation of eligibility and return of the “Prize Claim Documents” as defined in Section 5.
- POTENTIAL WINNER NOTIFICATION
The potential winners (each a “Potential Winner” and collectively “Potential Winners”) will be notified within seventy-two (72) hours after the Submission Deadline, in the form a private message or comment from the Sponsor via the Social Media Platform associated with the entry. The Potential Winners will be required to respond as directed by the Sponsor to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of Potential Winner prize, in such case, Sponsor may declare an alternate Potential Winner, based on the judging results. First Prize Potential Winner (or his or her parent or legal guardian if such Potential Winner is a Minor) will be required to verify address and to execute and return within five (5) days an affidavit of eligibility, and a ADAA talent agreement (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues. Additionally, at Sponsor’s request, the Potential Winners must also provide any necessary signed releases for any persons appearing in the Video other than the Entrant. All documents must be returned within the time period directed by the Sponsor. Prizes will not be awarded until all such properly executed forms are returned. If all requirements set forth in these Official Contest Rules are satisfactorily met by the Potential Winners, such Potential Winners will be deemed a “Winner.” If a prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, the prize may not be re-awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, will attempt to contact up to three (3) Potential Winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Contest Rules. Winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, if applicable, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize he/she receives. Winners must provide Sponsor with a valid identity for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form will be issued in the name of the Winner (or parent/legal guardian if such Winner is a Minor) for the actual value of the prize received.
- PRIZES (3 available)
First Prize. One (1) First Prize will be available, consisting of:
- A trip to perform a solo act at the 2018 ADAA event in South Africa. Domestic airfare and hotel accommodations will be provided by Sponsor, including parent or legal guardian if Potential Winner is a Minor, valued at one thousand dollars ($1,000). The solo performance from the event will be filmed and published on the ADAA YouTube channel.
- $1000 Money Prize.
Second Prize. One (1) Second Prize will be available, consisting of:
- $1000 gift card to sponsor’s online store
Third Prize. One (1) Third Prize will be available, consisting of:
- $500 gift card to sponsor’s online store
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION
- MATERIALS/RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS/PUBLICITY RIGHTS
In consideration of a Video being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each Entrant (and in the case of a Minor, such Minor’s parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf) hereby grants to each of the Contest Entities and their respective designees, licensees, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully paid, universal right and license to use, license, incorporate, broadcast, telecast, webcast, distribute, re-use, publish, re-publish, edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, creative derivative works of or alter, sell, monetize and otherwise exploit such Video (and to permit others to do the same), or any portion thereof, including to the extent applicable (a) any information, biographical data, and material (e.g., the “creative” file or Video) submitted by Entrant in connection with the Contest; and (b) all graphics, statements, quotations and any other creative materials of or by Entrant and furnished by Entrant as part of this Contest (the “Materials”), in any media now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, all forms of electronic media, print media and all forms of internet and wireless protocol. Each Entrant understands that his or her name and other Materials may be posted on the Website, or elsewhere in any media in the Contest Entities’ sole discretion, in connection with the Contest. Entrant agrees that none of the Contest Entities shall have any obligation to post a Video or any Materials on the Website or elsewhere. Each Entrant releases each of the Released Parties from any and all liability (now known or hereafter arising) in connection with this Contest or Entrant’s participation or inability to participate in the Contest or the use of Entrant’s Video as permitted hereunder. Each Entrant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Contest, including, without limitation, the Entrant’s decision to post any Videos for purposes of the Contest, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship amongst the Contest Entities and Entrant, does not place the Contest Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to the Videos, and that the only agreement amongst the Contest Entities and Entrant is as set forth in these Official Contest Rules. In addition, by participating in the Contest and providing any Video, each Entrant (and in the case of a Minor, such Minor’s parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf) hereby grants permission (except where prohibited by law) for the Contest Entities to use Entrant’s Video, name, likeness, voice, quotes, comments, biographical information, photograph and/or Video for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation or consideration or permission or notification in any and all media now known or hereafter developed throughout the universe in perpetuity. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will the Contest Entities use the Video or Entrant’s name/likeness or biographical materials concerning Entrant in connection with the endorsement or sponsorship of any product or service -without Entrant’s further written consent.
- RIGHTS OF CONTEST ENTITIES
Contest Entities shall have the right and sole discretion to edit, refuse to air or transmit or cease to air or transmit any Video whatsoever which Contest Entities find to be in violation of the provisions hereof, does not fully comply with these Official Contest Rules, or which Contest Entities find in their sole discretion to be otherwise objectionable for any reason. The Contest Entities are not responsible for any materials provided by Entrants which are deemed harmful or offensive to others or for any harm incurred as a result of participation in the Contest. All statements and opinions made by Entrants are those of such Entrants only, and the Contest Entities neither endorses nor shall be held responsible for the reliability or accuracy of same. Contest Entities are not responsible for the content or practices of third party websites that may be linked to the Website. The Website may also be linked to websites operated by companies affiliated with Contest Entities. Visitors to those sites should refer to each site’s separate privacy policies and practices.
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By participating, each Entrant (and in the case of a Minor, such Minor’s parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf) agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, garbled or otherwise undeliverable Video(s), mail, postage-due notices, Prize Claim Documents, or other correspondence; (ii) or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (iii) any condition caused by events that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, or the announcement of the prizes; (v) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest; (vi) acceptance, possession, or use of any grant or prize, including the Grand Prize, which may result in, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom; and (vii) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to adjust times and dates reflected in the Official Contest Rules at any time and/or to suspend or cancel the Contest at any time for any reason, without liability, including, without limitation, if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Contest, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events that affect Sponsor’s desire to implement this Contest. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the Website. Sponsor reserves the right, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Contest or to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole determination, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices as determined by Sponsor; to be acting in violation of the Official Contest Rules; or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person and all associated Videos will be void. Sponsor may suspend or discontinue the Contest if, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, there is any actual or suspected tampering of the Contest, or any other malfunction, event or activity that may affect the integrity of the Contest. If terminated, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner from all eligible, non-suspect Videos received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE OBLIGATED TO AWARD ANY PRIZE THAT RELATES TO OR ARISES OUT OF IMPROPER OR MISTAKEN PRIZE NOTIFICATION, OPERATION OR FUNCTION OF THIS CONTEST. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Contest Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION BROUGHT BY ENTRANT ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS TO WHICH ENTRANT MAY BE ENTITLED WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE AGAINST ANY CONTEST ENTITIES; AND 3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- GOVERNING LAW
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Contest Entities in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether any of the African countries or any other jurisdiction) In the event of a claim or dispute, Entrants’ sole remedy shall be limited to their remedy at law for damages, if any, and Entrants shall not have the right to in any way enjoin or restrain the distribution, advertising, publicizing or other exploitation (in any form of media) of the Website, the Contest, the Videos, and/or any intellectual property owned or licensed by the Contest Entities.
- ARBITRATION PROVISION
By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Contest, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Contest Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Contest. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or the Released Parties’ individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum’s Code of Procedure. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- LIST OF WINNERS/OFFICIAL RULES
To obtain the list of the winner(s) or a copy of these Official Contest Rules, send a request, specifying the Contest name, along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Paradigm Entertainment Ltd. 11, Omotayo Ojo st. Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
Requests for the name of the winner(s) must be received no later than seven days following the end of the Contest Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by YouTube, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are completely released of all liability by each Entrant in this Contest.
CONTEST FIRST PRIZE WINNER CODE OF CONDUCT
- The contest First Prize Winner is approved for a solo act at the specified ADAA event.
- At least one (1) week prior to the event date, the Contest winner must provide:
- Bio, city of representation and high-resolution individual photograph
- If applicable, performance music must be submitted within one (1) week prior to the event date. All music must be in MP3 or M4A format and emailed to email@example.com. The ADAA Tour Team will screen submitted music for the following:
- Profanity and inappropriate or offensive language are NOT allowed. ADAA is a family event and explicit content is NOT allowed.
- Music and performance time must not exceed four (4) minutes in length
- The ADAA Tour Team will send an email notification of approval to the indicated primary contact for the contest winner. If primary contact is asked more than two (2) times to clean up the music track or make changes for final music set approval, the contest winner will no longer be eligible to perform at the event.
- After music has been approved, performers are required to provide a backup USB labeled with the performer name. The music file on the backup USB MUST be the file that was approved by the stage manager. If the music file is switched and violates the explicit content and/or time rules, the performer will not be allowed to participate at the event.
- Profanity and inappropriate/offensive language and/or images are NOT allowed on the ADAA stage. If the performer’s wardrobe or props include explicit content, the performer will not be allowed to participate at the event.